Chips/flakes on the paper, any ideas?

  • yilmazve
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2013
      Hi all,
      A friend of mine asked me a question and I believe I can find the answer nowhere but here. When he marbles paper, the paper dries glossy, he uses carrageen and when paper dries, there appears a film on the paper which cracks and peels in chips/ flakes. When he rinses the paper right after marnlinh, then the paint washes out. I never had that problem so was unable to help. Does anyone know why it might be happening?
      Thank you...
    • George Reynolds
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2013
        The only time I have paint running is when I don't use Alum. Are you sure they are using it and its strong enough? The only other time I had flaking was when I tried marbling canvas. It definitely behaves differently than paper.
        George