Uneven, Antique Nonpareil

  • hagen_hsm
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
      Good morning.

      I'm looking for some advice on achieving an uneven appearance with my nonpareils, such as the one shown here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bibliodyssey/5201676729/in/set-72157625329038149

      I don't want the unevenness to be terribly extreme, but I do want it to appear antique. I have purposefully bent the needles on my comb, slightly, though at this point it hasn't made a difference. It may be because I need to comb using only the very tips of the needles rather than immersing them so far that they touch the bottom of the tray -- would that be a safe assumption, or is it, as I guess, to be more complicated than that?

      I don't make any attempt at getting my initial gel-git to be as straight as possible; rather I let it slosh around just a bit to form uneven lines, but the combing itself still comes out uniform.

      Any help would be gratefully received.

      Thanks,
      H.
    • susanne martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
        I have gotten this by accident, usually if a cat hair or bit of fuzz is on the tip of the tooth of the comb. This would probably be pretty easy to duplicate.
        Susanne

        To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com