Re: [Marbling] Marbling Bookboard

  • cherry_hill_drive
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
      It is not quite book board, but I have marbled 300# watercolor paper for slicing into strips and weaving into baskets in a class with Jackie Abrams. (http://www.jackieabrams.com/index.php/gallery). It worked well.

      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
        Oh, yes. I marble 300# Fabriano all the time and quite succesfully. For this project, I wanted to marble the bokboard directly without covering with paper. The surface of the top layer of this board is slightly shiny and would yield a different appearance in finish.

        I am going to try it again and hope to be better and avoid having sippage of the bath between the layers. I'll report the results. I just need to use pins to lay the board on the surface of the bath.

        momora, CA