scarf tanks and helpers

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2013
      I'd have to look for it, but I saw a video on youtube somewhere where the
      person had taken the top from an old crank style wringer washing machine
      and attached it to the short side of the tank, then pulled the scarves
      through that to get the excess stuff off of it. It looked like it worked,
      however, I used to squeeze out the excess stuff from the scarves in the
      tank before rinsing them and someone told me that would put too much alum
      in the tank, so I stopped doing it. Now I just lift them out and
      immediately dunk them into a bucket by my feet and swish it around, then
      into a second one and swish it around in that one, then hang them to dry
      for 24 hours before the final wash, dry and ironing.

      I think the roller would work well for paper. I've noticed the turkish
      people all use the same steel tanks with a knurled edge and pull the paper
      off and out of the tank against that, then don't appear to rinse it.

      Also, in this video, he doesn't rinse his papers, so I guess it's whatever
      your're used to.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-Ta7ichz4

      Sue