Re: Dream of Water

  • Barb Skoog
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2013
      Hi All,

      Please forgive me for my ignorance, but can anyone explain to me what "barut ebru" is? It seems to me that it's a specific style of marbling attributed to a particular person...and not necessarily a traditional/historical pattern or practice.

      Many thanks for any insight!

      Cheers,
      Barb Skoog
      www.BarbSkoog.com

    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2013
        Barb,

        barut marbling is the special technique and style developed by Hikmet Barutçugil. Definitely not traditional, but can be beautifully combined with the traditional patterns and styles.If you pay a visit to his website, ebristan.com, you'll see many examples.

        Susanne Krause

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Barb Skoog wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Please forgive me for my ignorance, but can anyone explain to me what "barut ebru" is? It seems to me that it's a specific style of marbling attributed to a particular person...and not necessarily a traditional/historical pattern or practice.
        >
        > Many thanks for any insight!
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Barb Skoog
        > www.BarbSkoog.com

      • zozo7bra
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2013
          Suzanne,

          what is the cost of shipping 'Book Rate' to California. Also, let's say we could find 5-10 people to purchase the book, what would cost of book + cost of shipping be.

          Thanks a lot;
          momo