scarves

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2013
      I have also had success with pre-dyeing scarves, and or taking scarves that
      were marbled that I didn't like and either over marbling them or over
      dyeing them to salvage them. You just have to keep experimenting.

      Also, you have to experiment with the type of silk you like. To me, the
      habotai was too thin and transparent. The satin feels nice, but the design
      only shows on the front, so there are pluses and minuses to them. My
      current favorite to use is Flat Crepe from Dharma. The design shows on
      both sides, which my customers like better.
      Sue

    • Laura Sims
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2013
        I also dye my silk before marbling.  Acid dyes work well from Aljo or Pro Chemical and Dye or wherever.  The companies will provide their suggested instructions for using them.  The charmeuse and crepes also drape better than habotai and have a weight and feel to the touch.  Best to you as you learn.

        Be Well,
        Laura