Karen's questions

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2012
      yes, you are correct. The white of the fabric absorbs the color just like
      the white of watercolor paper absorbs the color to make it paler. You can
      also marble on patterned cloth for interesting effects.

      I have had good luck with several brands of acrylics on cotton or silk
      fabrics. Pro Chemical just re-did their whole line of paints and they are
      supposed to be better now. Linda Moran does a lot of marbling on fabric.

      http://www.marbledmusings.com/author/linda-moran/ she also does digital
      marbling and some of them are shown on her masthead.

      Lucille Scelfo is the one who introduced me to Pro Chem Paints - that's
      what she uses.

      http://www.silksbylucia.com/

      They might answer some questions for you if you contact them directly
      Sue