Re: [Marbling] Re: Carrageenan

  • D or Jer Guffey
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 6, 2012
      You can purchase carrageenan from Colophon Book Arts http://www.colophonbookarts.com/marblecc.html this is what is listed on her site:

      Carragheenan
      (Size-Irish Moss) This is a food product that is the dried extract from Irish moss, not the moss plant itself. It is mixed in a blender and requires no boiling or straining. One pound will make approximately 27 gallons of size. In powdered form, the shelf life is about four (4) years if kept tightly sealed.
      1/2 lb $32.50
      1 lb $65.00
      5 lbs (Bulk) $250.00

      Hope this helps,

      d.guffey

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 6, 2012
        I can also highly recommend carrageenan and other marbling supplies ordered from Galen Berry at MarbleArt.us. His carrageenan costs $38 per pound. His paints, tools, etc are also reasonably priced. Plus his site is gorgeous, filled with patterns, instructions, and his instruction book is one of the best around. Here is his site:
        http://marbleart.us/MarblingSupplies.htm

        Good luck!
        Nancy Akerly
        Liberty Grove Paper Arts
        Sister Bay, WI

        Sent from my iPad
        Liberty Grove Paper Arts
        http://www.libertygrovepaperarts.com

      • George Reynolds
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 7, 2012
          I second the thumbs up for Galen Berry and his carrageenan. I have also had good luck with his Alum.
          George

          Sent from a distant corner of the galaxy.
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 7, 2012
            I sell carrageenan as well, and have a brand new batch if anyone wants fresh size.
            Iris Nevins
            www.marblingpaper.com