RE: [Marbling] The recent history of marbling

  • Thomas D' Aquin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2012
      hello anthony,, when I first startedmarbling abour 60 years ago I had never heard or read about marbli ng. I was playing with enamel paintrs a nd I accidemntly started making designsin the water. about 25 year4s ago an artist freiend of mine suggested that I improve my designs a nd framwe some of them. since that time I have marbling , mostly watercolor and acrillic on the netI am n ow 85 a nd I have quit marbling but I stillhave3 hundreds of marbled papers asnd a few ca nvasses. If I ever get a computer and learn how to use it, I will make a site a nd showof my oil marbli ngs. T.Viavant

      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      From: anthonianthonianthoni@...
      Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 14:30:02 +0000
      Subject: [Marbling] The recent history of marbling

      Dear marblers:

      I have noticed something when I recently had look at my little collection of books on marbling . The greter portion of the books were written in a period which corresponds to the early 1980s till around 2000. As far as I know, there has been little discussion or documentation about this wonderous period of revival and discoveries. This may prove to be a bit of bother to future generations of marbling historians, due to the lack of evidence.

      Hence, it would be interesting to have a little recount of that period. Perhaps how you learned of this craft, or the general atmosphere surronding it then?

      Regards:

      Anthony