Marbling Stylus?

  • shimizulynn
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hey guys, I was wondering what everyone used/ where I could purchase a stylus? I've been watching ebru videos and wanted to try it out, but I wasn't able to order "ebru biz takimi" because they don't ship to the United States, so I figured I would ask yall :)
    • John Goode
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
        I like my cat whisker on a pop sicle stick with some black electrical
        tape...but I float delicate oxides on carrageenan and do
        miniatures.....when i produce cotton/fiberorpaper.. you will find me with
        wood food skewers about 8 inches long and my steel cut/tool thats a
        pic....Hope this helps.
        In Marbling
        John Goode

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
          I use the wood skewers but my favorite, because I can clean it easily, is a thin sock knitting needle!
          Iris Nevins
          www.marblingpaper.com

          On 10/01/12, John Goode<watermarktile@...> wrote:

          I like my cat whisker on a pop sicle stick with some black electrical
          tape...but I float delicate oxides on carrageenan and do
          miniatures.....when i produce cotton/fiberorpaper.. you will find me with
          wood food skewers about 8 inches long and my steel cut/tool thats a
          pic....Hope this helps.
          In Marbling
          John Goode

        • Sharon Gellerman
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
            I would like to know about that toto, and what type of size they use for
            ebru it seems much thicher that carageenan.

            --
            *Sharon Gellerman*
            *ColorVibe Designs*

          • Lynn Shimizu
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
              Thanks for the replies from everyone! I'm going to go ahead and look for skewer sticks next time I go to the store. If yall would be so kind, I would also like to know the answer to Sharon's question also. When I try with my paints, the paint doesn't seem to follow (not sure if thats the right word to use), but the paint doesn't seem like to move like those in videos that I see.

              thanks