mc

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2012
      I mixed several configurations of the mc by Talas. It does not need
      ammonia. I found the best results were by mixing part of it with very hot
      or boiling water with a stick or hand held blender, then adding cooler
      water for the rest of the mixture. I re-mixed it a couple of times in the
      next hour, then let it sit overnight because I was doing other things then
      re-mixed it once more wither with a whisk or by turning the jar up and down
      before using it . It was very clear.

      I mixed 4 tablespoons to 1 gallon for a thinner gel and 6 tablespoons for
      a thicker gel, then 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of water for a thick mixture for
      either bookbinding or paste paper. I was able to get finer lines with the
      6 tablespoon mixture on paper.

      Sohail - do you know what the ALCO consists of?
      Thanks
      Sue Cole

    • Sohail Akhtar
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2012
        HI, ALCO IS TEXTILE PRINTING BASE CHEMICAL WHICH COLOR MAKES THICK. SO I USE IT SOR SIZING TO MAKE WATER THICKER. I USE I TABLE SPOON IN 2 LITRE WATER. THEN BLEND THEM.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2012
          do you know what the ALCO is made of?

        • Sohail Akhtar
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 26, 2012
            SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THAT WHAT ELSE IS USED IN SIZE. AND WHICH COLOR  USE EBRU ARTIST FOR FABRIC MARBLING?. AND IS IT THE DISHWASHING DETERGENT IS ALTERNATE OF OXGALL?.

          • kathryn fanelli
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 25, 2012
               Hi Sue,

              So sorry I posted your message to the group, I hope it doesn't stir up anything or ruffle feathers.
              I cannot find a way to delete it. So sorry.

              kathryn