Carrageenan Shelf Life

  • kathrynfanelli
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10 1:20 PM
      Hello All,

      What is the shelf life for powdered Carrageenan that is well packaged?

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10 3:05 PM
        I have kept it many years NOT well packed, just loose, and in a moderately dampish basement to boot. It worked fine. If it works, use it! Don't worry! I never had a shelf life date marked on anything. I have actually discovered packets I had taken to do workshops years before, that I forgot to unpack. Could be easily four or five years or more, it still worked just fine. I was amazed.

        IrisNevins
        www.marbling.paper.com

        On 09/10/12, kathrynfanelli<kathrynfanelli@...> wrote:

        Hello All,

        What is the shelf life for powdered Carrageenan that is well packaged?

        Thanks!

      • kathryn fanelli
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10 3:07 PM
          Thank you Iris!

          Kathryn

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11 7:47 AM
            Well, the stuff I brought from Canada 30 years ago doesn't seem to work any
            more.

            Yehuda Miklaf

            fritzmiklaf@...

            www.yehudamiklaf.com