Re: [Marbling] I can't stop some of my colors from sinking

  • John Pratt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2012
      You don't indicate the brand name of the products you are using.
      On Sep 7, 2012, at 11:09 PM, esencenirvana1 wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I've done a fair amount of research, but I'm still very new to
      > marbling and I need advice. For some reason my darker colors can't
      > remain on the surface unless they are extremely diluted with gall.
      > The problem is I want a full color on the surface that won't spread
      > and won't sink. It's only the dark colors that have this problem,
      > but all my paint has the same consistency. Can any of you give me
      > any idea where I'm going wrong?

    • Cynthia Eaton
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2012
        Oh! I use the "lifestyle thyn" in the dark blue package. But you can bring
        what you like. These are not latex free, when Steve gets here we'll will
        pick him up some latex free ones. Really, bring what you like.
        On Sep 8, 2012 12:20 PM, "John Pratt" <jcpratt75@...> wrote:

        > You don't indicate the brand name of the products you are using.
        > On Sep 7, 2012, at 11:09 PM, esencenirvana1 wrote:
        >
        > > Hello all,
        > >
        > > I've done a fair amount of research, but I'm still very new to
        > > marbling and I need advice. For some reason my darker colors can't
        > > remain on the surface unless they are extremely diluted with gall.
        > > The problem is I want a full color on the surface that won't spread
        > > and won't sink. It's only the dark colors that have this problem,
        > > but all my paint has the same consistency. Can any of you give me
        > > any idea where I'm going wrong?

      • damon diehr
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2012
          I'm using carageen (1 tbsp. & 1 tsp. per 1/2 gallon). And acrylic marbling
          paint and marbling gall. I purchased my materials from marbleart.us.