Aaron-guar gum

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2012
      Aaron, what is guar gum used for in your world, so to speak? On the bottle
      from the health food store, it says it is made from the guar bean and is
      used as a thickening agent for dough. Like I said, I heard about it
      accidently from my internet friend from Australia and decided to try it.
      Yours would be considerably cheaper if it works the same way. This is
      $9.99 for 8 oz and takes 1 tablespoon of dry powder to thicken one gallon
      of water.
      Sue

    • Aaron Salik
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2012
        We sell it to folks doing paper conservation. There is a process called
        leafcasting, which is where holes in paper are filled in with new pulp to
        fill the void.

        The guar gum is used to help suspend and properly disperse the paper fibers
        when the paper slurry is prepared for the fill.

        --
        Regards,
        Aaron Salik

        Talas