RE: [Marbling] Waxing papers

  • IrisNevins
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2001
      I agree waxing is not necessary to polishing if one has the proper tools,
      it does let the burnisher glide easier though. Soap works just as well. But
      I think Joan was looking for a more protective coating in case of wetness.

      Jake Benson at one conference did a nice demo of Turkish paper polishing
      using egg white and alum, then burnishing. I still have the papers I did
      there.....it gave a really lovely soft shiny surface. Can't remember the
      proportions though, or even if I have all the materials
      right.....Jake....are you out there???

      IrisN.