Christopher Weimann

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2012
      In the information I found I found about Christopher Weimann he used Guar
      Gum. The other person that I found that was using it was in Australia. I
      found the information on both of them accidentally while looking for
      something else. I have used the Guar Gum and got it from the health food
      store and it seems to work fine. It takes one tablespoon of the dry powder
      to a gallon of water and it sets up fairly quickly.
      Sue

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2012
        Chris experimented a lot, and was using a mix of methyl cel and carrageenan. Ingrid if she is here can fill you in further.

        I'd like to try the guar gum, have you tried with watercolor or just acrylic?

        Iris Nevins
        www.marblingpaper.com

        On 08/19/12, Sue Cole<akartisan@...> wrote:

        In the information I found I found about Christopher Weimann he used Guar
        Gum. The other person that I found that was using it was in Australia. I
        found the information on both of them accidentally while looking for
        something else. I have used the Guar Gum and got it from the health food
        store and it seems to work fine. It takes one tablespoon of the dry powder
        to a gallon of water and it sets up fairly quickly.
        Sue

      • idn17
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 20, 2012
          According to Ingrid, he used guar gum most of his marbling life, but later switched to methyl cell.
          Iris Nevins
          www.marblingpaper.com