success today

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2012
      I made several marbled scarves today and the marbling gods decided to play
      along. I even got the black to look black on the scarves. The other day
      it came out grey. It shows up black on the paper, but for some reason, it
      will look silvery grey sometimes on the scarves. The other color I have
      trouble with is red - it will either look pink or orange part of the time.

      I added a different brand of black to the cup I was using and used guar gum
      added to the methocel because I was running low for the gel, so I don't
      know which thing made the difference. I usually use methocel in the summer
      because of the heat - it was 85 here today.

      I found out about the guar gum from an Australian marbling friend. I found
      it at the health food store and so far, it seems to be pretty reasonable.
      One tablespoon of the dry powder makes a gallon of gell and it doesn't take
      long to set up. I use a stick blender and mix it right in the gallon jars
      that I use for gel and room temperature water.

      It will definitely go bad if you try to keep it too long. I got
      sidetracked and didn't use the last batch in time and it became lawn
      fertilizer - LOL!
      Sue