to Liangzhen

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2012
      congratulations on some progress made. When carageen gets too old, it will
      definitely go "bad" and smell like fish since it is seaweed. That's why I
      use methyl cellulose in hot weather, or you have to throw out the bad
      carageen and make some new and keep the extra in a cool place or a
      refrigerator. The paint "branching out" is either from the carageen going
      bad, or a problem with the paint. I have had that happen when I kept
      trying to keep going too long on a batch.

      Keep trying and keep making notes on what happens and keep watching videos
      on youtube. I would suggest ordering the videos by Peggy Skycraft or Mimi
      Schleicher - they go through everything in their videos in great detail.
      Good Luck
      Sue