Re: Photo-flo

  • woshidaawu
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27 11:06 PM
      I Weifang City in Shandong Province.my name is liangzhen.There is no marbling.I do not work.My color is still not floating.I continue to experiment it.If I succeed, will you see it.:)

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Eaton <cre8ton@...> wrote:

      > May I ask your name and what part of China you are in? Is marbling popular
      > where you are? I would love to see pictures of your work as you learn.
      > On Jul 27, 2012 12:56 AM, "woshidaawu" <woshidaawu@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same
      > > thing.I will buy it.
      > > thanks!
      > > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
      > > > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
      > > >

      > > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
      > > >
      > > > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a
      > > type
      > > > of gall on his site, or you can go to
      > > >
      > > > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
      > > > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
      > > >
      > > > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
      > > > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
      > > > HTH
      > > > Sue Cole

    • Craig
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28 1:33 AM
        Hi liangzhen

        I had a problem with paints sinking also.  It can be that the aints are too thick - thin with water and perhaps a very little of the photoflo we have been talking about.   I also found that the paints were sinking because the water base was too thickened too much.

        Craig

        --- In mailto:Marbling%40yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Eaton <cre8ton@...> wrote:

        > May I ask your name and what part of China you are in? Is marbling popular
        > where you are? I would love to see pictures of your work as you learn.
        > On Jul 27, 2012 12:56 AM, "woshidaawu" <woshidaawu@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same
        > > thing.I will buy it.
        > > thanks!
        > > --- In mailto:Marbling%40yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
        > > > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
        > > >

        > > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
        > > >
        > > > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a
        > > type
        > > > of gall on his site, or you can go to
        > > >
        > > > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
        > > > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
        > > >
        > > > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
        > > > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
        > > > HTH
        > > > Sue Cole

      • Robin Heyeck
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28 7:07 AM
          Is it possible that Liangzhen is using undiluted color straight from the bottle?

          Robin