Re: [Marbling] Re: Photo-flo

  • Cynthia Eaton
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2012
      May I ask your name and what part of China you are in? Is marbling popular
      where you are? I would love to see pictures of your work as you learn.
      On Jul 27, 2012 12:56 AM, "woshidaawu" <woshidaawu@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same
      > thing.I will buy it.
      > thanks!
      > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
      > > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
      > >

      > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
      > >
      > > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a
      > type
      > > of gall on his site, or you can go to
      > >
      > > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
      > > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
      > >
      > > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
      > > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
      > > HTH
      > > Sue Cole

    • woshidaawu
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27, 2012
        I Weifang City in Shandong Province.my name is liangzhen.There is no marbling.I do not work.My color is still not floating.I continue to experiment it.If I succeed, will you see it.:)

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Eaton <cre8ton@...> wrote:

        > May I ask your name and what part of China you are in? Is marbling popular
        > where you are? I would love to see pictures of your work as you learn.
        > On Jul 27, 2012 12:56 AM, "woshidaawu" <woshidaawu@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same
        > > thing.I will buy it.
        > > thanks!
        > > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
        > > > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
        > > >

        > > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
        > > >
        > > > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a
        > > type
        > > > of gall on his site, or you can go to
        > > >
        > > > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
        > > > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
        > > >
        > > > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
        > > > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
        > > > HTH
        > > > Sue Cole

      • Craig
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
          Hi liangzhen

          I had a problem with paints sinking also.  It can be that the aints are too thick - thin with water and perhaps a very little of the photoflo we have been talking about.   I also found that the paints were sinking because the water base was too thickened too much.

          Craig

          --- In mailto:Marbling%40yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Eaton <cre8ton@...> wrote:

          > May I ask your name and what part of China you are in? Is marbling popular
          > where you are? I would love to see pictures of your work as you learn.
          > On Jul 27, 2012 12:56 AM, "woshidaawu" <woshidaawu@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same
          > > thing.I will buy it.
          > > thanks!
          > > --- In mailto:Marbling%40yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
          > > > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
          > > >

          > > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
          > > >
          > > > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a
          > > type
          > > > of gall on his site, or you can go to
          > > >
          > > > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
          > > > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
          > > >
          > > > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
          > > > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
          > > > HTH
          > > > Sue Cole

        • Robin Heyeck
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
            Is it possible that Liangzhen is using undiluted color straight from the bottle?

            Robin