Re: Photo-flo

  • woshidaawu
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2012
      Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same thing.I will buy it.
      thanks!
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote:

      > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
      > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
      >
      > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
      >
      > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a type
      > of gall on his site, or you can go to
      >
      > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
      > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
      >
      > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
      > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
      > HTH
      > Sue Cole

    • Cynthia Eaton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27, 2012
        May I ask your name and what part of China you are in? Is marbling popular
        where you are? I would love to see pictures of your work as you learn.
        On Jul 27, 2012 12:56 AM, "woshidaawu" <woshidaawu@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same
        > thing.I will buy it.
        > thanks!
        > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
        > > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
        > >

        > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
        > >
        > > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a
        > type
        > > of gall on his site, or you can go to
        > >
        > > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
        > > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
        > >
        > > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
        > > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
        > > HTH
        > > Sue Cole

      • woshidaawu
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 27, 2012
          I Weifang City in Shandong Province.my name is liangzhen.There is no marbling.I do not work.My color is still not floating.I continue to experiment it.If I succeed, will you see it.:)

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Eaton <cre8ton@...> wrote:

          > May I ask your name and what part of China you are in? Is marbling popular
          > where you are? I would love to see pictures of your work as you learn.
          > On Jul 27, 2012 12:56 AM, "woshidaawu" <woshidaawu@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same
          > > thing.I will buy it.
          > > thanks!
          > > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
          > > > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
          > > >

          > > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
          > > >
          > > > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a
          > > type
          > > > of gall on his site, or you can go to
          > > >
          > > > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
          > > > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
          > > >
          > > > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
          > > > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
          > > > HTH
          > > > Sue Cole

        • Craig
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
            Hi liangzhen

            I had a problem with paints sinking also.  It can be that the aints are too thick - thin with water and perhaps a very little of the photoflo we have been talking about.   I also found that the paints were sinking because the water base was too thickened too much.

            Craig

            --- In mailto:Marbling%40yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Eaton <cre8ton@...> wrote:

            > May I ask your name and what part of China you are in? Is marbling popular
            > where you are? I would love to see pictures of your work as you learn.
            > On Jul 27, 2012 12:56 AM, "woshidaawu" <woshidaawu@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Rely on you to provide the clues, I found it in China.Exactly the same
            > > thing.I will buy it.
            > > thanks!
            > > --- In mailto:Marbling%40yahoogroups.com, Sue Cole <akartisan@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > This is the best source of Photo Flo that I have found. It's a large
            > > > bottle, so will last you a llong time:
            > > >

            > > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/28195-REG/Kodak_1464510_Photo_Flo_200_Solution.html
            > > >
            > > > You can also use Acrylic Flow Release by Golden, or Galen Berry has a
            > > type
            > > > of gall on his site, or you can go to
            > > >
            > > > or you can find real gall for watercolors here:
            > > > http://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/marbling/index.htm#Supplies
            > > >
            > > > I hasve also used diluted dishwashingl iquid, the clear kind, or oven
            > > > diluted Jet-dri for dishwashers.
            > > > HTH
            > > > Sue Cole

          • Robin Heyeck
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
              Is it possible that Liangzhen is using undiluted color straight from the bottle?

              Robin