Re: [Marbling] To Sharon

  • Sharon Gellerman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2012
      Thank you sue, I have contacted Berry,y Mimi and Diane, with no results I
      think I'll give Peggy a shout again she seems to be the most accommodating
      to my needs. Yes, I use pro chem and mix it up with acrylics some times. I
      can travel to any state I have a ticket , than the work shop or learning
      will have to be paid for of course. I just wanted the "seal of approval" of
      somebody doing it for 25-30 years and I'm sure I'd pick up new information
      or something new to learn I always seem to discover new things as I go.
      Thank you for your response.

      On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > It depends on how far you are willing to travel and what their schedules
      > are, but you look like you are pretty accomplished already. I was curious
      > as to what paints you are using - they look like Pro chem bottles?
      >
      > The main ones I would consider "Masters" and others could add to this list
      > are Peggy Skycraft in Oregon, Galen Berry in OK, Iris Nevins and Diane
      > Maurer and Mimi Schliecher, who I believe are all on the East Coast. I
      > don't know if any of them besides Galen are teaching anymore, but you can
      > ask.
      > I'm sure other people will have recommendations.
      >
      > I liked your idea for the Tallits
      >
      > Good Luck
      > Sue Cole
      > Fairbanks, AK

      *Sharon Gellerman*
      *ColorVibe Designs*
      *805-459-4925*
      *COLORVIBEDESIGNS.COM*

    • Linda Moran
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10, 2012
        We've taken a class from Galen Berry, and he is fabulous. He helped us overcome some serious problems we were having. If you haven't heard from him, don't give up. He travels a lot and only gets to mails (and paint orders) when he is home, so it might take a while for him to get back with you.

        Linda Moran in Tucson
        Marble-T Design
        Http://www.marbledfab.com

        Sent from my iPad
      • Sharon Gellerman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2012
          I've talked to Galen a few times, I wanted to come to his house and work
          one day with him, but he said he does not do it anymore that's why i
          toughed I'll try Mimi perhaps after you suggested it.
          if you have a facebook page can you please look me up and click like forme
          ? (color vibe designs)

          --
          *Sharon Gellerman*
          *ColorVibe Designs*

        • John Pratt
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2012
            Galen Berry has a good instruction manual for marbling. Check his
            web site, marbleart.com for information. You might check Diane
            Maurer's book "Marbling A Complete Guide to Creating Beautiful
            Patterned Papers and Fabrics". Each pattern has a small diagram
            showing how the pattern is made. If you are good at self teaching
            with a good guide book you should have success. Some times a
            short cut to the tricks of the trade can be learned from taking a
            class or the hard way of trial and error.
            Galens class schedule is on his web site.

            John

          • Nancy Akerly
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2012
              Sharon, I also have taken instruction from Galen. There is none better! And his instruction manual is terrific, clear and thorough. I couldn't recommend him more highly. He is home in OK right now, but shortly on his way East. Give him a call. Easy to work with and very dependable.
              Good luck!
              Nancy

              Sent from my iPad
              Liberty Grove Paper Arts