To Sharon

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2012
      It depends on how far you are willing to travel and what their schedules
      are, but you look like you are pretty accomplished already. I was curious
      as to what paints you are using - they look like Pro chem bottles?

      The main ones I would consider "Masters" and others could add to this list
      are Peggy Skycraft in Oregon, Galen Berry in OK, Iris Nevins and Diane
      Maurer and Mimi Schliecher, who I believe are all on the East Coast. I
      don't know if any of them besides Galen are teaching anymore, but you can
      ask.
      I'm sure other people will have recommendations.

      I liked your idea for the Tallits

      Good Luck
      Sue Cole
      Fairbanks, AK

    • Sharon Gellerman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2012
        Thank you sue, I have contacted Berry,y Mimi and Diane, with no results I
        think I'll give Peggy a shout again she seems to be the most accommodating
        to my needs. Yes, I use pro chem and mix it up with acrylics some times. I
        can travel to any state I have a ticket , than the work shop or learning
        will have to be paid for of course. I just wanted the "seal of approval" of
        somebody doing it for 25-30 years and I'm sure I'd pick up new information
        or something new to learn I always seem to discover new things as I go.
        Thank you for your response.

        On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > It depends on how far you are willing to travel and what their schedules
        > are, but you look like you are pretty accomplished already. I was curious
        > as to what paints you are using - they look like Pro chem bottles?
        >
        > The main ones I would consider "Masters" and others could add to this list
        > are Peggy Skycraft in Oregon, Galen Berry in OK, Iris Nevins and Diane
        > Maurer and Mimi Schliecher, who I believe are all on the East Coast. I
        > don't know if any of them besides Galen are teaching anymore, but you can
        > ask.
        > I'm sure other people will have recommendations.
        >
        > I liked your idea for the Tallits
        >
        > Good Luck
        > Sue Cole
        > Fairbanks, AK

        *Sharon Gellerman*
        *ColorVibe Designs*
        *805-459-4925*
        *COLORVIBEDESIGNS.COM*

      • Linda Moran
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2012
          We've taken a class from Galen Berry, and he is fabulous. He helped us overcome some serious problems we were having. If you haven't heard from him, don't give up. He travels a lot and only gets to mails (and paint orders) when he is home, so it might take a while for him to get back with you.

          Linda Moran in Tucson
          Marble-T Design
          Http://www.marbledfab.com

          Sent from my iPad
        • Sharon Gellerman
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2012
            I've talked to Galen a few times, I wanted to come to his house and work
            one day with him, but he said he does not do it anymore that's why i
            toughed I'll try Mimi perhaps after you suggested it.
            if you have a facebook page can you please look me up and click like forme
            ? (color vibe designs)

            --
            *Sharon Gellerman*
            *ColorVibe Designs*

          • John Pratt
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2012
              Galen Berry has a good instruction manual for marbling. Check his
              web site, marbleart.com for information. You might check Diane
              Maurer's book "Marbling A Complete Guide to Creating Beautiful
              Patterned Papers and Fabrics". Each pattern has a small diagram
              showing how the pattern is made. If you are good at self teaching
              with a good guide book you should have success. Some times a
              short cut to the tricks of the trade can be learned from taking a
              class or the hard way of trial and error.
              Galens class schedule is on his web site.

              John

            • Nancy Akerly
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 10, 2012
                Sharon, I also have taken instruction from Galen. There is none better! And his instruction manual is terrific, clear and thorough. I couldn't recommend him more highly. He is home in OK right now, but shortly on his way East. Give him a call. Easy to work with and very dependable.
                Good luck!
                Nancy

                Sent from my iPad
                Liberty Grove Paper Arts