for the more adventurous types

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2012
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8JcW1mO5Tc&list=UUaBu8VzZnK8kCR50QtdcVrg&index=1&feature=plcp

      has several videos on swirling guitar bodies.
      his remarks: �I was bored one weekend, so I decided to buy a
      new guitar and swirl paint it. It is a fairly simple process, all you need
      to do is: mix 2 1/3 cups of borax with 25 gallons of water at 80-85
      degrees, add a little bit of enamel paint, swirl, and then dip the guitar
      in. �

      also this one:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDp5nOdonM&feature=related

      he uses either Testors Enamel paints or Humbrol Enamel, whcich are supposed
      to be superior, then you need to coat it with clear.

      I had been searching for this technique for some time. I remembered it
      from county fairs in the 70's. They would do the same idea, then dip tall
      candles, vases or lamps in and come out marbled.

      I have tried to marble glass Christmas ornaments, but so far have not been
      successful - anyone else able to do them? Maybe if I try the plastic ones?
      Sue