Gouache and Acrylic

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2012
      This would be a good thing for you to research on Google, but essentlially,
      they can both be used for marbling, if that is your question, but I
      wouldn't use them together.

      Gouache is like a heavier, more opaque form of watercolor and is water
      soluble, and can still be washed off after drying. Acrylic paints are
      polymer based and are permanent when dry.

      When you use acrylics, only use acrylics, same with gouache or tube
      watercolors. Also, don't mix the tools. You need separate tools for each,
      like combs, etc.
      HTH
      Sue Cole