Re: Re: [Marbling] Bookbinding /Marbling—Sealing Marbled paper

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 5:25 PM
      That said....I RARELY do it, it is so much work. But it is so worth it to bring up that polish/shine by burnishing. It's like the pre-1860s look, a more subtle shine than the machine calendared Victorian marbled on mass produced books. Customers often ask if I will do it for them, and I say, yes if they are willing to pay four times the price, OR, I tell them how!
      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com

      On 05/11/12, Carol Pratt<jcprattefn@...> wrote:

      As a conservator and hand binder (now retired), I usually protected papers
      used on the outside of a book. While I didn't go to the extent that Iris
      described, I used a micropolymer wax, such as Renaissance Wax or SC6000,
      both of which are available through conservation suppliers.

      (see TALAS <
      http://apps.webcreate.com/ecom/catalog/product_listing.cfm?ClientID=15&CategoryFullID=164
      >)

      Carol Pratt