Re: Re: [Marbling] "Spanish " type ebru

    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 10:09 AM
      Hi Anthony, thanks for this!! Beautiful. I used to do those and people wanted the more regimented and symmetrical lines so it fell by the wayside. They way I did it was simple. Rather than neatly fold the paper in squares for Moire, I crumpled it. That's all. Then under boards for a few minutes to half hour, depending on the severity of the crumples, then marble as though for Moire. That is with dry paper. If wet/damp.... under a blotter board for usually the time it takes to make the pattern. Then lay the same as for Moire. I'll have to try them again, I love them. Not that hard!

      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com

      On 05/02/12, anthonianthonianthoni<anthonianthonianthoni@...> wrote:

      Dear marblers;

      Some examples of ebru have came to my attention recently. these samples posses a rather extraodinay form of shading

      http://www.ebrizmir.org/ebrizmirImages/feimg/menu_big_img/2010_01100131b.jpg
      and
      http://www.ebrizmir.org/Default.asp?L=EN&mid=259&Action=FotoList&amid=264

      as you can see, the shading lines in these examples meet each other in rather extreme angles.

      How is this effect created? I am guessing that the paper must be folded somehow....

      Regads;
      Anthony

    • Hüseyin Kaya
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 11:18 PM
        Hi,

        Did you ever think why it was said the Spanish marbling. Spanish marbling
        paperis called for, such as shaking shake matador cape.There is no need to
        take any action on the paper.
        Do this for waving paper which one is smaller than the tray. Dexterity in
        your hands, not on paper

        ebrizmir is a group of ebru artist in �zmir in Turkey.

        Best Wishes,

        H�seyin KAYA
        www.huseyinkaya.org

        --
        H�seyin KAYA

        <http://www.huseyinkaya.org>www.huseyinkaya.org

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3 4:02 AM
          Yes, you have to shake (or wave it down) it of course, but I found it works to also crease the paper, as for Moire. You can do it without creasing if you move the paper around wiggling it as you wave or "shake" it. I think I will try to remember to do some soon, Thanks for your information.
          Iris Nevins
          www.marblingpaper.com

          On 05/03/12, H�seyin Kaya<huseyinkaya34@...> wrote:

          Hi,

          Did you ever think why it was said the Spanish marbling. Spanish marbling
          paperis called for, such as shaking shake matador cape.There is no need to
          take any action on the paper.
          Do this for waving paper which one is smaller than the tray. Dexterity in
          your hands, not on paper

          ebrizmir is a group of ebru artist in �zmir in Turkey.

          Best Wishes,

          H�seyin KAYA
          www.huseyinkaya.org

          --
          H�seyin KAYA

          <http://www.huseyinkaya.org>www.huseyinkaya.org

        • süreyya uyan
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3 12:37 PM
            Hi Antony and the other friends
            Thank you for your generousity for our marbling works..It is honour and pleasure for us sharing with you..
            Group Ebrizmir from Turkey
            www.ebrizmir.org