"Spanish " type ebru

  • anthonianthonianthoni
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 8:46 AM
      Dear marblers;

      Some examples of ebru have came to my attention recently. these samples posses a rather extraodinay form of shading

      http://www.ebrizmir.org/ebrizmirImages/feimg/menu_big_img/2010_01100131b.jpg
      and
      http://www.ebrizmir.org/Default.asp?L=EN&mid=259&Action=FotoList&amid=264

      as you can see, the shading lines in these examples meet each other in rather extreme angles.

      How is this effect created? I am guessing that the paper must be folded somehow....

      Regads;
      Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 10:09 AM
        Hi Anthony, thanks for this!! Beautiful. I used to do those and people wanted the more regimented and symmetrical lines so it fell by the wayside. They way I did it was simple. Rather than neatly fold the paper in squares for Moire, I crumpled it. That's all. Then under boards for a few minutes to half hour, depending on the severity of the crumples, then marble as though for Moire. That is with dry paper. If wet/damp.... under a blotter board for usually the time it takes to make the pattern. Then lay the same as for Moire. I'll have to try them again, I love them. Not that hard!

        Iris Nevins
        www.marblingpaper.com

        On 05/02/12, anthonianthonianthoni<anthonianthonianthoni@...> wrote:

        Dear marblers;

        Some examples of ebru have came to my attention recently. these samples posses a rather extraodinay form of shading

        http://www.ebrizmir.org/ebrizmirImages/feimg/menu_big_img/2010_01100131b.jpg
        and
        http://www.ebrizmir.org/Default.asp?L=EN&mid=259&Action=FotoList&amid=264

        as you can see, the shading lines in these examples meet each other in rather extreme angles.

        How is this effect created? I am guessing that the paper must be folded somehow....

        Regads;
        Anthony

      • Hüseyin Kaya
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 11:18 PM
          Hi,

          Did you ever think why it was said the Spanish marbling. Spanish marbling
          paperis called for, such as shaking shake matador cape.There is no need to
          take any action on the paper.
          Do this for waving paper which one is smaller than the tray. Dexterity in
          your hands, not on paper

          ebrizmir is a group of ebru artist in �zmir in Turkey.

          Best Wishes,

          H�seyin KAYA
          www.huseyinkaya.org

          --
          H�seyin KAYA

          <http://www.huseyinkaya.org>www.huseyinkaya.org

          Message 4 of 5 , May 3 4:02 AM
            Yes, you have to shake (or wave it down) it of course, but I found it works to also crease the paper, as for Moire. You can do it without creasing if you move the paper around wiggling it as you wave or "shake" it. I think I will try to remember to do some soon, Thanks for your information.
            Iris Nevins
            www.marblingpaper.com

            On 05/03/12, H�seyin Kaya<huseyinkaya34@...> wrote:

            Hi,

            Did you ever think why it was said the Spanish marbling. Spanish marbling
            paperis called for, such as shaking shake matador cape.There is no need to
            take any action on the paper.
            Do this for waving paper which one is smaller than the tray. Dexterity in
            your hands, not on paper

            ebrizmir is a group of ebru artist in �zmir in Turkey.

            Best Wishes,

            H�seyin KAYA
            www.huseyinkaya.org

            --
            H�seyin KAYA

            <http://www.huseyinkaya.org>www.huseyinkaya.org

          • süreyya uyan
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3 12:37 PM
              Hi Antony and the other friends
              Thank you for your generousity for our marbling works..It is honour and pleasure for us sharing with you..
              Group Ebrizmir from Turkey
              www.ebrizmir.org