Re: [Marbling] Paper recommendations for Suminagashi

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 9, 2012
      I learned a trick from Milena Hughes for getting thin rice paper out of a suminagashi bath - if you slip a dowel rod under one end of the paper, you can lift it that way, rather than by the corners. The dowel needs to be a little longer (or wider) than the paper.

      Diane Maurer (dianemaurer.com) and Colophon (colophonbookarts.com) both sell the same (I think) suminagashi paper that is a bit sturdier than you describe. I believe it is also a little longer than the size you describe. Colophon is on the west coast, near Seattle, and Diane lives in Pennsylvania. Both have great websites. (NAYY)
      HTH!
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis