Re: [Marbling] over layering or over marbling

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2012
      Let's not forget Christopher Weimann though who was the true master and brought the technique back into the marbling repertoire.
      I also have some stencil painting at my site ( www.marblingpaper.com ) the Winkyn Blynken & Nod, with the moon, and also Marblefish . They are under the first row of patterns, in the center. The bird paintings and the marbled lady below a bit, they are collage with watercolor.

      It is a painstaking process, but lots of fun.
      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com

      On 03/05/12, Sue Cole<akartisan@...> wrote:

      I've been pretty busy, so was just catching up with email digests. On the
      question regarding over marbling, I have not had any trouble doing it with
      either paper or material, but I always re-alum them and let them dry
      between times. The main person I know to be a master of stenciling in
      marbling is Galen Berry. This is his site: http://marbleart.us/ and if
      you go the examples, you will see several of them. You would have to
      cotact him directly for questions about the technique, unless someone else
      knows of a source for the directions.

      He also sell supplies, including Texoprint paper, which has latex added to
      it to make it more supple for bookcovers and such.
      Sue

    • betul karadedeli
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2012
        Hi everyone,

        I need some information about masking technique. I read that you use frisket film. Is there any specific one, or any frisket film work?
        What are the tricks for applying arabic gum, solid or liquid one is better?
        Is there any other techniques for masking?

        Thanks..

        Betul