Re: [Marbling] new

  • serra guney
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2001
      Dear the marbling group member,

      If there is any place to buy from, I suggest you the natural earth colours
      to use at marbling. It is the only way to get the best result on the
      traditional Turkish Marbling.

      If you want, I can give you some instructions about the places in Istanbul.

      Good Luck on your working
      Serra Guney

      >From: molliann@...
      >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Marbling] new
      >Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:40:55 -0000
      >
      >My elementery students have learned suminagashi and
      >attempted to marbel paper using starch. This next year I would
      >like to introduce the students to Turkish marbling. Please give
      >any suggestions on products to use, best place to buy them, and
      >the paper. Do I have to alum the paper before the students use
      >it?
      >Origin of Marbling? Turkey?

    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2001
        Indeed the pages are an absolute delight to read and see!
        Jill