marbled/swirled guitars

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2012
      I was looking around youtube and found a section on "swirled" guitar
      bodies. They also did motorcycle helmets and wooden objects, for those of
      you that were asking about marbling on wood. There is also a forum with
      more videos at: http://theswirling.com/Media/Video.aspx

      There seem to two main methods. One is with just water and enamel paints
      or spray paints sprayed into cups. The other is with borax mixed with the
      water to lower the surface tension, then the enamel paints. Both seemed to
      work well on primed wood.

      This guy shows several experiments using both plain water and borax and
      water:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooqwtnJXsOQ&feature=channel

      Sue