new

  • molliann@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2001
      My elementery students have learned suminagashi and
      attempted to marbel paper using starch. This next year I would
      like to introduce the students to Turkish marbling. Please give
      any suggestions on products to use, best place to buy them, and
      the paper. Do I have to alum the paper before the students use
      it?
      Origin of Marbling? Turkey?
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2001
        My thoughts on teaching kids, other than my own, is to tell them they have
        to wear old clothes--in case of paint spills, etc, etc. I also Insist they
        Thoroughly wash their hands afterwards, as I can't predict if a child will
        be sensitive to alum, and get it rubbed into their eyes, etc, etc. Ordinary
        bond paper will do well--as it is cheap and small enough for them to
        handle--but certainly get them to try with construction paper, too. I am
        certain you will be delighted with all that they create! :)
        Jill
        > My elementery students have learned suminagashi and
        > attempted to marbel paper using starch. This next year I would
        > like to introduce the students to Turkish marbling. Please give
        > any suggestions on products to use, best place to buy them, and
        > the paper. Do I have to alum the paper before the students use
        > it?
        > Origin of Marbling? Turkey?

      • Tevfik Alparslan BABAOGLU
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2001
          Hi,

          If you want detailed information on Turkish marbling, I would suggest
          you to visit www.geleneksel-ebru.com where you can find all the
          details of what you are looking for. We don't have a habit of aluming
          the paper prior to marbling here in Turkey.

          Best regards

          Alparslan