xinjiang gathering

  • Marie Palowoda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 5:44 PM
      hello all,

      i have been out of town for some time and it is quite exciting to come home to all this hoopla. thanks, tom, for  your faithful posting of information.

      i, too, am relieved that the gathering has been postponed for several reasons. however, i would like to see this one postponed until 2003 or even 2004.

      one of my main reasons is that working people generally need at least a year to save money and plan for an expensive trip such as this one will be.  there is already an international gathering that is definately happening in tennessee with definate dates and location for exhibition and conference in the year 2002.  attending two gatherings in one year may not be a problem for most of us living in the usa/canada since one of the gatherings is here.  but, what about our friends not living in the usa/canada?  i know that many non-usa/canada marblers are planning on attending the gathering in tennessee which will be quite costly for them.  i doubt that two expensive trips in one year is a possibility. two years consecutively may even be pushing it.

      many of our marbling friends do not subscribe to this news group, but i would like to see some feedback from the ones who do.

      best wishes to all,
      marie

      Marbled Artworks by Marie Palowoda
      2605 W. 19th Street Road