Re: [Marbling] Xinjiang Gathering postponed

  • mtomchuk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2001

      Hi Tom,

      Elaine Koretsky had a trip to China 2 years ago under the auspices of the
      International Paper Historians group. The Chinese powers that be got totally
      involved and made it an "international" conference and a show and tell. I was
      there.

      The point I'm trying to make is that funding might be available from some
      "cultural source" for this type of marbling conference. As you know the
      Chinese make the most out of every opportunity to show the world how well
      they work with the West, and to impress them, etc.

      I don't know if Elaine would have any input on the above.

      I am going to Burma with Donna Koretsky at the end of November... my vote
      would be to postpone the marbling conference 'till next spring.

      Thanks for the update.

      Marjorie