aluming paper

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2012
      My system, which combines a couple of people's methods that I learned
      from. is to pour the alum in a glass pie plate, then put the paper in a
      cookie sheet with sides and roll on the alum with a round sponge brush that
      is used for painting trim in corners. I get it at the hardware store. It
      is about 3" wide with a handle and makes this step very quick and easy.

      Then I stack up the papers and put weights on them overnight, then store
      them in a large, 2 gallon size plastic ziploc bag. If they are larger, I
      have hung them up to dry on clothespins or over a diaper drying rack, which
      will leave a crease, but then I weight them down flat before they get all
      the way dry.

      HTH
      Sue