Re: [Marbling] createx

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001

      It has been a while since I tried Createx.  The paints made for marbling did not work as well as the Createx "surface design" (used for block printing, etc) paints.  The paints may work better on carragheenan if you want to keep using that brand.  But as Jake said get your carragheenan from some place else.  It is too expensive under the "marble-thixs" label (however they spell that).

      If you want to use methyl cellulose a reliable kit can be bought from Earth Guild, 800-EARTH-GU. Acrylic paints have bath/size preferences.

      Best, Laura Sims

      Indigo Stone Marbling Studio