createx

  • hhumler@together.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2001
      hi - a friend and fellow marbler who is not
      a computer person would like to know if
      anyone has tried Createx marbling base and
      the createx marbling colors. I have been
      having a discussion with her about
      marbling base. she cannot seem to get pro-
      chem colors to stay on the surface of
      methtyl cel long enough to comb. With just
      a couple of passes of a comb or rake, the
      colors mush together. I, on the other hand
      have great success. So she wants to try
      Createx but would like to know if anyone
      has any experience and/or tips to pass
      along. Thanks for any help you can give.
    • Laura Sims
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001

        It has been a while since I tried Createx.  The paints made for marbling did not work as well as the Createx "surface design" (used for block printing, etc) paints.  The paints may work better on carragheenan if you want to keep using that brand.  But as Jake said get your carragheenan from some place else.  It is too expensive under the "marble-thixs" label (however they spell that).

        If you want to use methyl cellulose a reliable kit can be bought from Earth Guild, 800-EARTH-GU. Acrylic paints have bath/size preferences.

        Best, Laura Sims

        Indigo Stone Marbling Studio