Marbling success

  • fritzmiklaf@bezeqint.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2012
      I have created a monster! The staff at the conservation lab at the National
      Library have been pestering me to show them marbling and I finally gave in
      on the condition that they do it at their place and clean up the mess. They
      went ape, jumping up and down and vowing to change careers. You can look at
      some of their work here:

      <https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.303072816405763.67525.12511375420
      1671&type=1>
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.303072816405763.67525.125113754201
      671&type=1

      -Yehuda

      Yehuda Miklaf

      Jerusalem

      <mailto:fritzmiklaf@...> fritzmiklaf@...

      <http://www.yehudamiklaf.com/> www.yehudamiklaf.com

    • laviniaa@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2012
        Yehuda,

        How wonderful! Some "monsters" are good. : -) The staff members have
        been taught well!

        Lavinia

        On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:53:38 +0200 <fritzmiklaf@...> writes:

        > I have created a monster!

      • Barb Skoog
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2012
          Yehuda,

          What spectacular work from first-timers...you must be an excellent teacher! Thank you for sharing the joy of marbling with others. I tell my husband all the time that my goal is to "bring marbling to the masses" as I think everyone should experience its beauty at least once in his/her life. A bit dramatic, perhaps, but heartfelt.

          Did you scan or photograph the papers for upload? I'm impressed with the quality. I'm having a hard time doing either with mine and they always end up looking flat and dull when I post them.

          Congrats on a successful day at the National Library!

          Barb Skoog
          www.BarbSkoog.com
          cheers@...