colors

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2012
      The person I took the class from tests each of her colors separately in a
      porcelain bowl - she uses the lotus ones that are for rice from a chinese
      grocery. If the tube watercolor color has a lot of dispersant in it, it
      will immediately crawl up the sides of the bowl when you stir it around.
      If it doesn't, it doesn't if that makes sense. Then she judges from that
      how much ox gall to add to it.

      She likes Grumbacher Academy student colors because they have less
      dispersant added to them. The blues, in particular thalo blue, seems to be
      the worst offender.
      HTH
      Sue

    • carylhanc@aol.com