heat setting and dyes

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2011
      Caryl, do you remember what brand of dyes they were?

      I checked with another marbling friend who does htings on a large scale at
      times and she said she alums the scarves, then places them while still wet
      without ironing, (which I have never done - I've always iroed mine first),
      then lets tyhem hang after printing until dry. then she puts them in a
      dryer for 10-15 minutes, then puts them through a rinse cycle, then irons
      them.

      We both use acrylic paints, then recommend hand washing the scarves for
      further use.

      Don't know if this is any help, or it just adds more confusion.
      Sue