sorry for confusing you regarding dyes

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2011
      I went back to my previous email and found this sendtence, which is what I
      think cofused you:

      "The ones I've done that feel the silkiest are the ones I've done with
      fabric dyes or silk dyes. The ones I do with acrylics still feel silky and
      smooth, just not as silky as the other ones"

      Sometimes I explain things too fast and they make sense to me but not to
      other people, so I apologize for the confusion. I do scarves with three
      different methods: fabric dyes with the traditional "batch" method of
      letting them sit overnight in a warm place after applying the dyes, silk
      dyes that are hear set in the microwave, then further with the dryer and
      the iron, and the marbled ones done with ACRYLIC paints, then heat set with
      the dryer and the iron. Someone previously had asked about the "had" of
      the scarves in regards to dyed versus acrylic marbling and I was trying to
      answer them and clarify things.

      I am also considering dyeing them with fabric dyes, then marbling them for
      a different look.

      So I hope this clears up my remark and sorry for any confusion.

      I have also tried several brands of paints. The Golden airbrush colors
      work well as as the Pro chem colors, but I also have good luck with the
      cheap ones from Wal-mart because they are more opaque and are good for
      "filler" colors. Golden has several colors that you can't get anywhere
      else.
      Sue