Re: Wooden Pen holders

  • Cris C Takacs
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2001
      The first time i saw marbling was at a sportsman show in about 1960. A man
      was selling a kit (which my mother bought for me) and demonstrating how easy
      it was to marble pencils, shoes, etc. The kit was nothing more than a set of
      oil paints (thinned), water softener and instructions. The buyer provided
      the bucket. Yup, a bucket.

      Dip the pencil (or in your case, pen holder) SLOWLY into the cylindical
      container, twisting it. The colors will be pulling down with the object.
      It's hypnotic. When completely submerged, blow the colors away from the
      object to avoid overmarbling when pulling the object back out. You could
      even get a production line going by making a rack as in candle dipping.

      I've done this also with acrylic paints. No real prep is needed on the
      object, but you could experiment.

      Good luck and have fun
      Cris Takacs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2001
        I paint objects white, spray enamels on top of a bucket of water, and dip.
        Work quickly......dries fast! Smells awful, best done outdoors.