problem with paints:

  • anthonianthonianthoni
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
      I have recently been experiencing a problem with my paints:
      When the colours [ watercolour/gouache] are dropped onto the size, they spread. however, the stone of colour that is produced has all the pigment concentrated in one area, in the middle of the stone, leaving the rest of the pale.

      this has happened to more than one colour.
      can anyone inform me of the cause and/or sollution of the problem?

      Regards:
      Anthony
    • gretchen vansant
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
        Trial and error ,trial and error ,trial and error. Temp of room,temp of paints, temp of size. what works one day,might be different another...its time to work your craft! good luck!

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2011
          Have the paints sat a while with ox gall in them? This effect has happened to me with paints stored with gall. I actually liked the effect, and could never MAKE it happen on purpose. Get a new batch and try again.
          Iris Nevins
          marblingpaper.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 16, 2011
            I wonder if it would do this if the paint or size was too cold, also.