Re: [Marbling] Re: Back at it

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2011
      Thanks Yehuda.... I am known as the world's worst photographer, so keeping that in mind. Yes in retrospect it was too close. You worry about losing detail. I need to figure the editing thing out too a bit better, or need a better program that the Windows Movie Maker. It is fun.

      Yes, times where I don't like a pattern I lay down a whole sheet of newspaper, and it does take lots of size with it. I find it easier to lay the paper, and if you want to pick up the excess paint around it, use newspaper strips. And they wonder why I don't recycle newspapers. My township actually once sent a letter saying I would get a fine if I don't do it!!!! I sent a pretty strong letter. The ones I don't use for marbling, I use for starter in my woodstove. I asked if it is illegal to use them that way too, and they said it may be in the future! And I live in the middle of nowhere! What seems to be the real issue... the township makes money by picking up and selling our recycling. The more they get, the more they make. That's another non-marbling issue!

      And by the way my eyes dried nicely. I am forever fine tuning it all. It was fun doing the videos, I'll get more up in a bit. I did also use Photo flo the other day. I'd use it if I had to, but you wait forever for it to expand with watercolor. Guess I work like a speed demon. Will try some other dispersants down the line.