Attn: Sylvia

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2011
      I finally had a chance to look at your photos. Your "speckling" is what my
      paint looks like when it's been on the size too long - like what's left
      over after doing some paper or a scarf and I hadn't gotten to cleaning it
      yet. Don't know if this helps or not.

      I use MC most of the time in the summer to do scarves, because I do them
      outside and it gets too warm here, believe it or not, in the summer and the
      carrageen goes bad much quicker. I use the carageen powder that you mix in
      the blender and I get it from either Diane Maurer or Colophon Books. It's
      very easy to work with though.

      I get the MC from either Dharma or a movie supply place - they use it for
      slime in the horror movies. Some other people use HEC, but you have to buy
      that by 50# at a time.
      HTH
      Sue
      Fairbnaks, AK