Potash?

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2011
      Iris, I hate to sound dumb, but what purpose is the potash serving? I've
      never heard of using that in marbling. Is it a binder or a surfactant?

      Thanks,
      curious minds want to know,
      Sue

    • anthonianthonianthoni
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2011
        Ahem:
        from my (rather limited) knowledge of marbling, the only useage of potash
        is in a pattern called "tiger eye" or "sunspot".
        the potash causes the colours to expand into drops with a central spot, and with "rays " coming out of it

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2011
          Maybe so, but I STILL got a good Schrottel with the gardening variety and just using layers of black on black. Will have to try the other way though!
          from my rather rather limited knowledge of marbling, the only useage of potash is in a pattern called "tiger eye".
          the potash causes the colours to expand into drops with a central spot, and with "rays " coming out of it

          ( apologies to Iris)