Re: [Marbling] Schroetel/Schrottel pattern:

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
      Thanks For this!! Totally logical!
      From: Krause Intaglio<mailto:typenut@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:09 PM
      Subject: Re: [Marbling] Schroetel/Schrottel pattern:

      This goes by memory, as I moved shop and my archive is boxed up, I
      have marbled for the last 35 years,(french and german trained (duval)
      usually correct 15 ct. patterns as that is what i need for my own work
      The correct name in german is scrotel, you lay down a 3 color
      range and than add a 4th color with enough oxgall added to reduce the
      first 3 to veins, lastly, you just sprinkle a dark pigment with just
      enough oxgall so it works, but it can't expand, it has to stay as dots.

      Krause Intaglio
      Printmaking and Letterpress in the digital Age
      310.217.0400
      www.KrauseIntaglio.com<http://www.krauseintaglio.com/>
      www.Handpresse.com<http://www.handpresse.com/>