Re: [Marbling] Schroetel/Schrottel pattern:

  • Krause Intaglio
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
      This goes by memory, as I moved shop and my archive is boxed up, I
      have marbled for the last 35 years,(french and german trained (duval)
      usually correct 15 ct. patterns as that is what i need for my own work
      The correct name in german is scrotel, you lay down a 3 color
      range and than add a 4th color with enough oxgall added to reduce the
      first 3 to veins, lastly, you just sprinkle a dark pigment with just
      enough oxgall so it works, but it can't expand, it has to stay as dots.

      Krause Intaglio
      Printmaking and Letterpress in the digital Age
      310.217.0400
      www.KrauseIntaglio.com
      www.Handpresse.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011