Re: [Marbling] Schroetel/Schrottel pattern:

  • Mary Shilman
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
      Perhaps someone has a contact for Mr. Miura and you could ask him directly?
      Mary

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
        This goes by memory, as I moved shop and my archive is boxed up, I
        have marbled for the last 35 years,(french and german trained (duval)
        usually correct 15 ct. patterns as that is what i need for my own work
        The correct name in german is scrotel, you lay down a 3 color
        range and than add a 4th color with enough oxgall added to reduce the
        first 3 to veins, lastly, you just sprinkle a dark pigment with just
        enough oxgall so it works, but it can't expand, it has to stay as dots.

        Krause Intaglio
        Printmaking and Letterpress in the digital Age
        310.217.0400
        www.KrauseIntaglio.com
        www.Handpresse.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011